The primary portals for online interaction will be Seesaw, which all Primary students already have access to.
All students are expected to engage each day with all of the learning tasks set. Teachers will be available via email / Seesaw from 09.00 – 15.30 each day this week to answer questions / give advice / feedback on work.
For Primary Students in preK-G1:
- A daily ‘interactive-style’ video made by the teacher or assistant, will be available on Seesaw for all students and may include a virtual circle time, counting activity, song or rhyme and will introduce the day’s learning engagements.
- A daily read aloud, conducted by the teacher or assistant.
- Daily learning engagements in the following:
- UoI / inquiry projects
Please upload evidence of one or more of these learning engagements to Seesaw each day.
- Specialist teachers will set additional activities to be completed during the week. These activities will be available for students to choose from once other daily activities have been completed.
- Meaningful, appropriate feedback will be given on a minimum of one learning engagement a day.
- Parents should be aware that there will need to be a fair degree of parental support for the Early Years students in accessing the work.
For Primary Students in G2-G6
- A daily video from the Class Teacher will be shared on Seesaw by 09.00 which will welcome students and introduce the daily learning engagements.
- Daily engagements in the following will be posted:
Students should try to complete all work set and should post a minimum of 2 Language, 2 Mathematics, 2 Italian and 2 UoI engagements per week.
- Specialist teachers will set either a UoI engagement for each grade OR an independent activity if they are teaching a stand-alone unit.
- Students will be provided with feedback on at least one learning engagement per day. Feedback will come from both class teachers and specialist teachers.
Please let the class teacher know if for any reason your child is not able to carry out any of the tasks.