1. Where are boarding students accommodated? How many students share a room?
All our boarders are housed in the school Boarding house. The campers are housed in single or double rooms (only one is a triple room) and have ensuite bathroom shared between a maximum of 3 students.
2. How many students attend each camp session?
We can accommodate 39 students in our boarding house and can have up to 10 students in day programme, per session.
3. Which countries do campers come from?
During past camp editions, we have had more than 40 different nationalities.
4. How are rooms allocated?
Students are separated by gender and age. We have separate corridors for boys and girls. We usually put students of similar age but different nationalities together in the same room to encourage them to speak English. If you have any specific request, please do not hesitate to share it with us and we will do our best to accommodate it.
5. Do they require previous experience in Fashion design?
No. The courses are designed to enable those who already have some experience to learn new skills and go further, and beginners to learn the basics and successfully complete the required programme.
6. What happens if the morning course chosen does not reach the minimum number?
The student will be able to choose from the other courses offered.
7. Is there a final camp exhibition?
Yes. On the last day of the camp there will be a presentation of the works at the school and parents and friends will be invited to attend.
8. How many children are in each language class?
We split the language classes into levels and keep to a 1:10 ratio.
9. Which language would the students speak during the programme?
The camp primary language is English, all the Fashion courses will be delivered in English. We have Italian as an option for the morning Language lessons, and the chance to expand on that with our bi-lingual staff and time out visiting Milan.
10. What is included in the camp cost?
- The Residential programme includes: Scheduled activities, entertainment, and excursions; Accommodation and meals; Language and Fashion course and teaching materials; Assistance, supervision and instruction of monitors and teachers; Laundry; Use of facilities, Wi-Fi; Transportation; Accident and civil liability insurance.
- The Day programme includes (from 9 am to 5 pm): Scheduled activities, entertainment, Monday-Friday excursions; Meals; Language and Fashion course and teaching materials; Assistance, supervision and instruction of monitors and teachers; Use of facilities, Wi-Fi; Transportation; Accident and civil liability insurance.
11. What is NOT included in the camp cost?
The prices does NOT include: for both Residential and Day programme: Transport to and from home city to airport / train station, airport / train station pick-up / drop off, pocket money for personal expenses, health and medical expenses, travel insurance and recorded delivery of VISA letter.
12. Are there any other additional costs we need to consider?
All the costs are included. We suggest the children have some pocket money if they would like to buy something during the excursions or free time.
13. Do you provide an airport transfer service? Which airport should my child fly to?
Yes, Airport transfers can be booked as an extra service. We operate to/from Malpensa Airport and Linate Airport. We can organise a transfer, one way or return. Our camp staff will wait for students at the gate on the day of arrival and assist them during check-in on the day of departure.
For Sunday arrival day: The airport transfer service operates for flights arriving in between 9 AM and 4 PM local time. For Saturday departure day: The airport transfer service operates for flights departing in between 10 AM and 4 PM local time.
In case the arrival/departure flights fall outside of the above time windows the school can arrange a private car to pick-up and drop-off the student to/from the airport. This service will be charged at a higher cost.
14. Do you work with the UM service at the airport?
Yes, can work with UM arrival and departure. The family must send us all the documents needed in advance. No additional cost is required.
15. Do you provide Visa Letters?
Yes. International School of Milan can supply the corresponding letter to help the Visa application. Visa applications must be obtained in enough time to coincide with our cancellation policy in the terms exposed in the following section.
16. Is a medical insurance included in the fee?
No. Accident and liability insurance is included. If you wish, you can take out a personal private insurance policy for your child and share it with us.
17. Will students have some free time during the two weeks?
Students will always be under the supervision of the camp staff, but are allowed to spend unsupervised free time in the local school area or on excursions, but only with parental consent. If consent is not given, a staff member will stay with the students at all times and accompany them walking around.
18. Is there a laundry service included in a Boarding House?
Yes, once per session, and we supply the laundry bag.
19. Do the students need to bring their bed sheets and towels?
Both bed sheets and towels are provided, changing every week.